All Tuesday Classes Cancelled
According to the ongoing weather reports, it is recommended that we stay off the roads. You can assume Wednesday classes are on unless you hear otherwise.
Stay safe and consider a yoga practice today at home!
Happy New Year!
- We are offering a class for babies and caregivers on Tuesday mornings from 9:15 – 10am taught by Kristin McGee. This will be a nurturing practice in a supportive environment with other Moms, Dads and babies from birth to 12 mos. We will work with poses that are suitable to new or practiced students and incorporate some post-natal strengthening postures to counteract the toll taken for caring for a newborn. To register, contact Kristin. Cost: $10.
- Kristin McGee’s Thursday evening classes will be consolidated into one End of Day Yoga Class. 5:30 – 7pm. This class is appropriate for all who want a well-rounded practice after a long day. Asana class will end at 6:30 pm for those who want just an hour long class. From 6:30 – 7pm, there will be discussions, questions and individual help. Sequences will be provided.
- Rise and Shine Yoga on Thursday mornings from 6:30 – 7:30am is now an ongoing class with Rick Lamont. Tell your friends who want an early morning class before work!
- Sunday morning yoga classes resume January 4, 2015.
4th Sunday of each month, 4 – 5:30pm
Yoga Sutra Discussions
Yoga Sutra discussions continue on January 25, February 22 and March 22. This event is free and open to the public.
Goddesses of Grace Series
with Michele George
Highlighting the great goddesses of the Hindu Pantheon, these three-hour intensives will meet one Saturday per month and will employ philosophy, asana, meditation, mantra, storytelling and other investigative techniques to explore the power and promise of these deities within and all around us. $40 per class or $100 for all three.
- Saturday, January 31, 9am – 12pm
- DURGA: The Invincible One
- Powerful and protective, Durga inspires us to conquer our difficulties and meet life’s challenges with inner strength, courage and love.
- Saturday, February 28, 9am – 12pm
- BHUVANESHWARI: She Who Holds the Cosmos in Her Embrace
- Bhuvaneshwari reveals to us how to hold space for transformation, for reinvention of the self, and for the process of creativity as it arises both in our individual consciousness and in the world.
- Saturday, March 28, 9am – 12pm
- SARASWATI: Goddess of Creative Flow
- As the creative source of sound, speech, knowledge, and wisdom, subtle Saraswati empowers us to communicate with kindness, truth, and clarity.
- Space is limited. Register online.
Saturday, March 14, 9 – 11 am
Yoga for a Cause
with Carole Petrillo
Our yoga practice opens the door to living a life in gratitude. It is an
invitation to provide service and at the same time to make a difference in
our own life and for others. Come join Carole Petrillo as she guides you
through a yoga practice meant to give deeper meaning on your path. This practice is for all levels in yoga. All the proceeds will benefit
the work of service to our community.
Suggested donation to Vital Communities: $25. This workshop is open to all levels. For more information or to register, contact Carole.
Saturday April 4, 9am – 12 pm
Sunday April 5, 9 am – 12 pm
Spring into Action
A Weekend with Greg Anton
Shake off the sluggish (tamasic) effects of winter with a weekend of invigorating asana classes. Greg Anton, a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher, lives and teaches year-round in Provincetown, Massachusetts. His keen memory, precise instruction, and intelligent adjustments coalesce into an extremely methodical and clear way to present asana. Greg served as president of the Iyengar Yoga Association of New England from 2009-2012 and has taught annually at Ancient Healing Arts since 2010. $60/class or $100 for both
- Space is limited. Register online.